Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Arrived in Barcelona

Well after a not so great start catching a vomiting bug off Danger on my last night in Aus and the night of my farewell party... then 30 hrs of travel...Sydney to Singapore to London and finally here in Barcelona!!

it was definitely a mission trying to navigate our way with our ameture spanish and lack of arms to carry all of our luggage. however thank god Michael one of the other students travelling with us is much much better at spanish so he saved us and we managed to get cabs to take us to the Uni housing.

My little apartment is so cute, small but sunny, clean and pretty modern. i live with 3 other spanish girls so if my spanish doesn't improve then there is definitely something wrong!!

i only met one of my flatmates because the others are on a weeks holiday after exams. Carmen the one i did get to meet seems really lovely AND woo for me she can speak english!!! so i didn't have to attempt to introduce myself with my weak spanglish

Super angry i forgot my camera so i can't take any photos until i get a new one!!

On our first night here we had some dinner around 6 which to the spanish would be completely super early weird and abnormal. We ate at a restaurant on campus it was nice, and because we were so tired we chose to use the english menu they had woops! AND of course i was super excited to try the local wine and a bit of sangria... the dining experience was made especially bizzare for us with the indian background music being played.

We figured we should attempt a little grocery shopping afterwars so we have some breaky for the next morning.. now finding it was interesting.. i asked for directions in Spanish and the guy replied in English... WHAAA.. ha and finding food that we had a little familiarity with was a bit of a challenge, but never the less Michael found his Coke, i found strawberry yogurt, tash found bananas, and pegah found a few goodies
Walking back wasnt the funnest thing... we froze.. all day the weather had been really nice not needing anymore than a cartigan but now i was lucky to have my aunts possum scarf keeping me warm because it was freezing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment